Adults in the United States spend near to 11+hours a day interacting with media. Social media takes up 45 minutes.
Most popular social app by state based on google search trends data (2019)
Snapchat took first place this year. It was the number one search in North Dakota.
1. SNAPCHAT: Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin (11 states).
2. PINTEREST: Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming (10 states).
3. INSTAGRAM: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York (9 states).
4. FACEBOOK: Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia (8 states).
5. REDDIT: Colorado, Massachusetts, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington (5 states).
6. YOUTUBE: Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Pennsylvania (6 states).
7. TWITTER: Washington D.C.
In 2018, Google Plus was the most popular social media apps in the United States.
Most popular social app by state based on google search trends data (2018)
1. GOOGLE PLUS: California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington (14 states).
2. SNAPCHAT: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee (14 states).
3. PINTEREST: Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin (12 states).
4. FACEBOOK: Alabama, Alaska, Maine, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming (8 states).
5. INSTAGRAM: Nevada, Hawaii, Washington D.C. (3 states).