Reddit user: nahuelacevedopena. Sources: Central Banks from each country, the Institutes of National Statistics.
– Ecuador and Colombia are the only countries with regions with a GDP per capita under U$5,000
Chile and Uruguay are the only countries that don’t have any regions with a GDP per capita under U$10,000
– The regions with a GDP per capita over U$30,000 are Brasilia; Buenos Aires City; Santiago; Neuquen, Chubut, Santa Cruz, Tierra del Fuego and Magallanes in the Patagonia; Tarapacá, Antofagasta and Atacama in Northern Chile; Rio Negro; and Orellana, Meta and Casanare in Northern South America.
– The regions with a GDP per capita under U$5,000 are Morona Santiago, Bolívar, Zamora Chinchipe and Vaupés, all in Northern South America.
– Most countries have a sizable percentage of regions with a GDP per capita under U$10,000, namely Brazil (44%), Argentina (38%), Bolivia (89%), Paraguay (61%), Peru (50%), Ecuador (71%), Colombia (48%) and Venezuela (58%). The exceptions are Chile (0%) and Uruguay (0%).
– The richest capitals are Brasilia, Buenos Aires and Santiago. The poorest capitals are La Paz, Quito and Caracas.
– The richest region is Antofagasta in Northern Chile. The poorest region is Bolívar in Central Ecuador.