About 46 million Argentineans live in one of the 8 countries with territory in the world. The population density in the country is about 15 persons per square kilometer. Half the population of Argentina lives in a 400 km semi-circle in and around Buenos Aires.
The population is unevenly distributed amongst the Argentinian provinces, with approximately 60 percent living in Buenos Aires, Córdoba, and Santa Fe Provinces. Tucumán is the most densely populated province in Argentine (60 people per square kilometer).
The map below, created by reddit user alegxab shows If 100 people lived in Argentina, where would they live.
The 10 most populous Argentinian provinces:
- Buenos Aires Province – 15.6 millions
- Córdoba Province – 3.3 millions
- Santa Fe Province – 3.2 millions
- Buenos Aires City – 2.9 millions
- Mendoza Province – 1.7 millions
- Tucumán Province – 1.4 millions
- Entre Ríos Province – 1.3 millions
- Salta Province – 1.2 millions
- Misiones Province – 1.1 millions
- Chaco Province – 1.1 millions